This utility is a successor of the 'Vista OEM Activation Backup' i crafted up in 2008. OEMDump is designed to make a backup of everything needed to do a clean install of Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 (R2) allowing you still be able to use the OEM preactivation Mechanism.
Updated version available, see:
OEMDump Windows 2012 (R2) Compatible
What is OEMDump?
The program will backup the following files:
* OEM Certificate
* OEM SLP Product Key
* OEM SLIC
What is needed to successfully use this program?
A OEM vendor system that came pre-installed with Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 (R2). You can check if your system is preactivated by using Microsoft MGADiag.
If MGADiag reports your systems Product ID Type as: OEM SLP your system uses the preactivation mechanism and you are good to go.
Further system requirements
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 (R2)
- Administrator Privileges to execute the program
How to use these files after a clean install?
- During Windows setup use the backup product key
- After setup completes import the OEM Certificate by running this command from a Command Prompt started with Administrator Privileges: (right click -> Run as administrator)
C:\Windows\System32\cscript slmgr.vbs -ilc [PATH to XRM-MS File]
- The BIOS SLIC table is not really required to re-preactivated your system, i included it just for safekeeping incase a BIOS update makes you loose activation.
Credits for this utility go out to MasterDisaster @mdl